Snorting percocet involves grinding Percocet or crushing Percocet pills or any other medication containing oxycodone into powder. This is done by chopping the drug with a razor blade, on a hard surface or pounding with mortar and pestle . The drug is then divided on a flat surface into “lines,” then using a straw or rolled paper. The powder is then forcefully breathe in up into the nasal cavity. Oxycodone is also snorted in liquid form, it is very common to find recreational drug users snorting anti-tussives and cough suppressants containing the drug .
Can you snort percocet?
Snorting is a common form of drug abuse in which people take a drug in powdered form and forcefully breathe it in, up into the nasal cavity. People snort because they achieve a faster onset. Based on my medical judgement, iwon’t advice anyone on snorrting percocet. Since the drug is absorbed almost immediately into the bloodstream through the soft tissues in the nasal cavities where it can quickly travel to the brain.
Hence, producing a sudden and intense feeling of euphoria commonly called a “Percocet or oxycodone high,”but not without severe consequences. As tolerance builds with every line of Percocet snorted, the “high” decreases and causes the person to need more of the drug to experience the same effects as before. Snorting Percocet or oxycodone increases a person’s tolerance to the drug’s effects in relatively short order leading to the need for increasing amounts of the drug, and eventually the development of Percocet dependence. This dangerous pattern of use eventually leads to Percocet addiction.
Effects of snorting Percocet
It is quite common to hear questions like: What happens if you snort oxycodone ? Snorting oxycodone come with a lot of side effects. Scott Gottlieb, M.D., FDA Commissioner, commented on the risks associated with the drug snorting emphasizing that there are very real consequences to snorting any powder, not to mention the societal dangers of promoting drug abuse.” A recent study published by the Journal of Drug and alcohol dependence revealed that Snorting oxycodone rapidly produced psychoactive effects indicative of substantial abuse liability. The side effects snorting Oxycodone includes:
- Snorting Oxycodone can lead to serious physical problems, addiction, and overdose.
- Damage to the upper respiratory system and conditions such as hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
- Regular Oxycodone snorters tend to develop chronic runny nose and sinus infections
- Diminished or compromised sense of smell.
- Nose damage from pills Due to erosion of sensitive mucus membranes in the nose causing it to harden.
- Reduced immune response due to constant infections,
- The most frequent adverse reactions associated with Oxycodone , include Light headedness, dizziness, sedation , nausea, vomiting, depressed respiratory function, drowsiness , constipation ·and spasm of the ureter which often lead to difficulty in urinating.
- Snorting Oxycodone increases the risk of serious side effects, like liver damage, kidney damage from severe reduction in blood pressure (hypotension), coma, and death.
- Serious allergic reactions and Severe skin reactions
What happens when you snort percocet
Snorting drugs is associated with a quicker onset & more intense high than oral those rules don’t always apply to snorting a drug mixed with another substance with a ratio expressing a smaller amount of the drug used to achieve a high (Oxycodone)compared to the other(Acetaminophen). This means that the Oxycodone & Acetaminophen are essentially competing for absorption by the nasal mucus membranes in the nostril potentially inhibiting the total amount of Oxycodone absorbed by this route of administration.
Let’s say someone snorts the entire Percocet in one rail, what happens is some of the Oxycodone & Acetaminophen will begin being absorbed by the nose, but since there’s such a large amount of powder, some of each of the substances will make their way down the throat and slowly make their way into the stomach where they will be absorbed through the intended route of administration, orally. There’s no way to control which of the substances, or the amount of each substance that will be absorbed by the nose, or drip down the throat.
If someone is planning on snorting Percocet, the should be prepared for a very very strong taste that will linger during absorption & while the drug slides down their throats. They may even feel the urge to vomit because of that.
Nevertheless, drug addiction is characterized as a relapsing illness. There is no cure, but addiction can be managed successfully for the long term with abstinence.
PS. DO NOT SNORT PERCOCET